Join the DLC Team
Current Employment Opportunity
Finance & Human Resources Manager – Anchorage Office (posted 09-21-18)
Closing: Open until filled
The Disability Law Center of Alaska, a nonprofit law firm advocating on behalf of Alaskans with disabilities, seeks a Finance & Human Resources Manager with a strong background in human resources and accounting, including non-profit accounting. Federal grants management experience is a strong plus. Chief responsibilities include fiscal management; reporting; budgeting; payroll; assisting the Executive Director in managing general business operations; and supporting the Executive Director and Board with fiduciary duties.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an accountant who shares our commitment to serving people with disabilities and working toward their independence and inclusion in the communities where they live. The ideal candidate will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to DLC, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Experience in accounting management, to include nonprofit organization(s).
- Grants management experience, preferably with a complex nonprofit organization with multiple funding sources, and ability to ensure compliance with fiscal reporting requirements.
- Experience with budgeting and fulfilling a fiscal advisory role to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and create a team environment in conducting management activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting, payroll and budgeting software, preferably MIP.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Resource management a strong plus.
- A genuine commitment to social justice for underserved populations, with an awareness of and sensitivity to people with disabilities is also highly desired.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, and generous paid personal leave.
Insurance Coverage: We offer group health (medical, dental, vision) life and short-term disability insurance coverage to regular full-time employees. 100% of the cost of coverage is paid for eligible employees. Dependent health coverage is available on a cost shared basis with the agency under the group plan. Insurance coverage begins as soon as approved by the insurance company.
Time Off: Regular full-time employees receive 13 paid holidays. Because we value participation in voting, all regular full-time employees who are registered to vote may take up to 2 hours of administrative leave with pay to vote on election days.
Personal Leave is a combined leave that includes sick leave and annual leave. Personal Leave is earned beginning with the first full pay period of employment. Employees must be on the payroll for a minimum of thirty 30 calendar days before they can take leave. Leave accrues during this period after thirty 30 days; an employee is entitled to take Personal Leave as it accrues. The rate at which
Personal Leave is earned is:
- During the first year of employment 15 hours per month;
- During the second year of employment 18.75 hours per month;
- During the third year and each year after 22.5 hours per month.
Application and cover letter (as described in the application) are required. You may also submit a resume and other relevant documentation that you would like considered.
Download application here.
David C. Fleurant, Executive Director
3330 Arctic Blvd., Suite 103
Anchorage, AK 99503
Application and other documents may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Questions? Contact Karen Tessandore, in Anchorage at 565-1002, Statewide at 1-800-478-1234
The Disability Law Center of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer. DLC particularly encourages applications from members of minority groups, people with disabilities and others whose backgrounds may contribute to more effective representation of low-income and underserved communities.