Join the DLC Team
Current Employment Opportunity
- Intake & Self-Advocacy Specialist - Anchorage Office (posted 3-26-15)
The Disability Law Center of Alaska, a nonprofit law firm advocating on behalf of Alaskans with disabilities, seeks an Intake & Self-Advocacy Specialist with a strong background in customer service, and preferably knowledge of social services available in Alaska.
The people contacting our agency for help are often in crisis, so the person in this position needs to be able to work with callers who are under stress to effectively:
- Ask appropriate questions to elicit required information;
- Identify the problem about which the client seeks assistance;
- Show patience, empathy, and kindness with people who may have difficulty communicating.
A genuine commitment to social justice for underserved populations, with an awareness of and sensitivity to people with disabilities is very important.
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Critical Thinking
Salary $35k+ doe. Fringe benefits include health, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, and generous personal leave.
- Cover letter;
- Application; (download MS Word application here);
- Resume; and,
David C. Fleurant, Executive Director
3330 Arctic Blvd., Suite 103
Anchorage, AK 99503
Application packet may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com
The position remains open until filled.
The Disability Law Center of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer. DLC particularly encourages applications from members of minority groups, people with disabilities and others whose backgrounds may contribute to more effective representation of low-income and underserved communities.