Join the DLC Team
Current Employment Opportunities
- Business Manager - Anchorage Office (posted 9-4-14)
The Disability Law Center of Alaska, a nonprofit law firm advocating on behalf of Alaskans with disabilities, seeks a Business Manager with a strong background in accounting, including non-profit accounting. Federal grants management experience is a strong plus. Position may be full- or part-time. Chief responsibilities include fiscal management; reporting; budgeting; payroll; assisting the Executive Director in managing general business operations; and supporting the Executive Director and Board with fiduciary duties.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an accountant who shares our commitment to serving people with disabilities and working toward their independence and inclusion in the communities where they live. The ideal candidate will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to DLC, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Experience in accounting management, to include nonprofit organization(s).
- Grants management experience, preferably with a complex nonprofit organization with multiple funding sources, and ability to ensure compliance with fiscal reporting requirements.
- Experience with budgeting and fulfilling a fiscal advisory role to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and create a team environment in conducting supervisory and management activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting, payroll and budgeting software, preferably MIP.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Resource management a strong plus.
- A genuine commitment to social justice for underserved populations, with an awareness of and sensitivity to people with disabilities is also highly desired.
Download PDF of full job description here. Salary will be competitive within the legal services sector and commensurate with experience. Fringe benefits include health, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, and generous personal leave.
- cover letter
- application (download MS Word application here);
- resume; and
to David C. Fleurant, Executive Director, 3330 Arctic Blvd., Suite 103, Anchorage, AK 99503. Application packet may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com
The position remains open until filled.
The Disability Law Center of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer. DLC particularly encourages applications from members of minority groups, people with disabilities and others whose backgrounds may contribute to more effective representation of low-income and underserved communities.